Fowler Family

Fowler Family
Our family keeps growing!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More chicken info

Winnie's Mini.  Winnie is our newest layer.  That is a quarter laying next to her egg.  In time her eggs will catch up in size to the other chickens in her flock.

I've had trouble with my chickens canablizing each other.  I talked with a representative at IFA and he suggested "Rooster Booster".  It helps heal the wounded area and tastes nasty to ward off the aggressive behavior.  He also suggested "Flock Block" which is a big blog of seeds, and a nutriant based product (not to be replaced with for thier other food).  This is used to give them some variety as chickens get bored.  I have noticed if the chickens are allowed time out of the chicken run they do better.  I also spray the ground down with water in the chicken run to help cool things off for them outside.  They seem to enjoy this.  I had noticed they were playing in their water bowl and assumed they were feeling the heat.  I let the girls out 2X a time to give them a break and space.


No comments:

Post a Comment