Fowler Family

Fowler Family
Our family keeps growing!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Bottled Chicken

I should be in bed already, but alas....I am not.  Tomorrow I will be bottling about 60 lbs. of chicken.  I'm wondering how many days it will really take to do it.  I think I can get 18 pints in my pressure cooker at one time, but when I get it all done it will last me at least two years so it is way worth the effort to take it on.  A few weeks ago I put up some more butter and it was well worth the time I put into it.

This is kind of random, but I really love Imagination Station Chalkboard vinyl.  When I redid our pantry I used the vinyl on my containers and shelving.  It looks so nice and organized now.  I think I want to put some on my door between the kitchen and laundry room.  I'm still thinking on it.  I will also be using the vinyl on top of my spice bottles that I am going to put together and the jars will neatly fit into a drawer.  The jars will make it so much easier to find the spices instead of looking through 3 boxes of spices.  I have know idea why I have so many spices.

Larry went to Colorado this morning and will be home tomorrow.  I talked to him this evening and things are going very well.  He has learned a lot about the company he is working with and has met many people that he speaks on the phone with.  He says it is nice to come face to face with these people. It will really help with relationships and working with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, neighbor! I am so happy to see you posting again...I just reorganized my recipe binder and found the great instructions you gave me to bottle the chicken. George won't let me bottle any more until I start using all those Costco cans! Should I put the instructions on the RS blog?

    ReplyDelete